AC Milan is trying to get back in Champions League in the last 6-7 years but without success. We created a top 10 transfers that still keep Milan without Champions League.
There are many things that keep Milan away from this competition and stop club from improvement, but the most important one is lack of a transfer plan over the years. In this post we will show you the top 10 transfer mistakes made buy different Milan owners in the last years.
- Alessandro Matri – was bought for €11m, played only 19 games and scored 1 goal.
- Luiz Adriano – was bought for €14m, played in 36 games, scored 6 goals and provided 4 assists.
- Andrea Bertolacci – was bought for €21m, played 52 games, scored 2 goals and provided 2 assists.
- Carlos Bacca – was bought for €33m, played 77 games, scored 34 goals and provided 8 assists.
- Nikola Kalinic – was bought for €22.5m, played in 41 games, scored 6 goals and provided 6 assists.
- Mateo Musacchio – was bought for €18m, played in 73 games, scored 2 goals and provided 2 assists.
- Lucas Biglia – was bought for €19.7m, played 66 games, scored 2 goals and have 2 assists.
- Leonardo Bonucci – was bought for €42m, played 31 games and scored 3 goals.
- Gonzalo Higuaín – Milan paid €10m for loan. He played 22 games and scored 8 goals.
- Mattia Caldara – was bought for €35m and played only 5 games for Milan.
In conclusion Milan spent €226.2m for these players. We don’t know who is guilty for these transfers, what we know for sure that Milan need a transfer strategy for next 3-5 years in order to stop buying players 30+old for €20-30m and sell them next year for €7-8m.